Meet Expert B2B Copywriter and Blog Writer Thomas Clifford
My name is Thomas, but feel free to call me Tom.
I ghostwrite conversational, jargon-free copy for B2B entrepreneurs so they can create content easily and quickly.
I’m a 2018 Copyblogger certified content marketer and B2B content marketing copywriter.
My writing philosophy is simple: I want to help you communicate your business ideas as clearly, concisely and persuasively as possible—without the jargon and without spending hours on rewrites.
Clients hire me because they like my conversational writing style. They like how their voice is captured in a way that sounds just like them.
I’ve worked with more than 140 clients, so I understand what motivates buyers in the B2B market to say yes.
- Certified content marketer; Copyblogger Media, 2014-2018
- Certified strategic copywriter; Secrets of Strategic Copywriting; Steve Slaunwhite (Copywriting Training Center)
- Article writing: The World’s Toughest Article Writing Course; Sean D’Souza
- Copywriting: Strategies to Write Powerful Copy for Sales Pages and Articles; Sean D’Souza
- Headline Crash Course; Sean D’Souza
- The First 50 Words: How to Start Every Article with Impact; Sean D’Souza
- Secrets of Writing High-Performance B2B Copy; Steve Slaunwhite, American Writers & Artists Inc.
- 1,600+ content marketing interviews
- B.A. in communications, Loyola University
Before I started my copywriting career, I spent 22 years as an award-winning documentary filmmaker, producer and director.
I traveled the country interviewing more than 1,500 content experts—from CEOs to engineers—and producing more than 500 marketing films. My films have been on PBS, MTV and internationally syndicated.
I was recognized internationally as a pioneer in producing and directing films for businesses using the mini-documentary format.
When I’m not writing, you can find me taking walks, playing guitar, reading marketing books and scouring eBay for collectible Beatles records.
Yup, I’m an avid Beatles fan, record collector and rock ’n’ roll music fan. I began collecting Beatles albums at an early age, and I still love finding a 50-year-old Beatles album in mint condition at a great price.
I have several rare Beatles items, but my favorite is Ringo’s autograph and his drumsticks (given to me by his soundman from Ringo’s drum kit).
My first concert was seeing the James Gang open for Three Dog Night. My first record was a 45 single, “Georgy Girl,” by The Seekers.
I spent my youth spinning records and figuring out the guitar chords to songs by Alice Cooper, Uriah Heep, Deep Purple, Grand Funk Railroad and Mott the Hoople.
I have three vintage guitars: a 1973 Gibson SG Special, a 2007 John Lennon Rickenbacker 325c58 and a 1978 Guild F-50. I break them out from time to time, to keep my fingers nimble and my spirit young.
I also make a mean chai with lots of ginger. It keeps the neurons firing on all cylinders!
Looking to eliminate the jargon in your B2B marketing content?
Then head on over to the Contact page and fill out the form to get the ball rolling.